Welcome

Hello and welcome to the Blog for the motor vessel ("m/v") Jenny G. The maritime world has been explored for thousands of years and we've realized that, even if a route is old, it's new to us. We write this blog with the hope that you'll create your own nautical adventures. Enjoy!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Life: Arm-Powered Adventure

Now that greater Seattle is finally digging out of its cold and rainy streak, I am doing some serious sun-seeking whenever it's out. But, as regular readers know, each spring and fall, I deliver the m/v Jenny G from Seattle to the San Juan Islands so that we can be in the San Juan's as often as we'd like via a 90 minute drive rather than a 5-hour, not-weather-guaranteed passage.

So, I've had some regrets about delivering the boat to Anacortes in April, since I have more time on my hands than usual this spring and would have enjoyed taking out the boat for a few hours on these sunny afternoons. But, not to be thwarted, I inflated the Jenny G's tender at the Sunnyside Boat Ramp and rowed to the Washington Park Arboretum. I think this was about 4 miles round trip and, with stops along the way, I burned about 4 hours making the trip. Next time, I'll stop at either Agua Verde or Ivar's for a beer ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment